4.05.2012

sewing for me

Inspired by the Spring Top Contest at Made-by-Rae.com and Kojo-designs.com series on sewing for your self, I broke out a couple of patterns I've had for awhile and did a little sewing for me.  

The first one is a shirt using Simplicity #2892.  The fabric is Lisette fabric I found on clearance at Joann Fabrics.  

I always have a hard time figuring out what size to cut.  I ended up taking this top in quite a bit on the sides.  I also wish I would have made it a bit longer.  I added an inch to the bottom, but should have added more.  The neckline was a pain to make with all the ruffles.  I don't think I would make another shirt from this pattern again.


hudson wanted in on the pictures

The second thing I sewed was a cute knit dress using McCall's M6032.  I love love this dress.  Getting the gathering and belt right was a bit tricky, but it's so comfy to wear and didn't take too long to make.  I got it done in a day between nap times and sewing after H-man went to bed.   I would probably make this dress again if I found some cheap knit or something similar.




No comments:

Post a Comment