I found this great green fabric on the clearance rack at Joanns and decided it would be perfect for shorts. It had a bit of stretch, but was heavy enough to have some structure.
I used Simplicity 1783 as a basic start. I shortened the pants and added pockets to the front and back. I also dropped the waist 2 inches. It certainly was an adventure to sew, with lots and lots of seam ripping. They ended up way to big so I had to take the pockets off and cut off 2 inches from the front. Then the waist was too big in the back so more seam ripping.
I love how they turned out. Super comfy and such a fun green.