8.01.2014

Mint Foxglove Tank (sort of)

When the Foxglove Tank came out, I loved the look of it.  All the tester's photos were so great.  So I bought it.  And then I bought this April Rhodes voile fabric, but didn't look at how much I needed.  So I had to get a bit creative and make it less flowy.


I added about 5 inches to the length in the front to account for my chest :).  I also took out some of the high low hem because I'm not the biggest fan.  Once I had it sewn up, it just wasn't laying well, so I added darts to the chest, using a blouse that I have as a guide.  Ahh, much better.


I still took it in a bit more on the side, probably a bit too much.  I like the fit, but it could be a bit looser at the hips.  I feel that as a size larger than most patterns are designed for, pulling off the blousy/loose look can be a bit tricky to have it look loose but not make me look bigger.



I think I'll like this pattern better sewn up in a knit.  I do like this shirt as an alternative to my typical knit shirts.  And check out those gold triangles.


No comments:

Post a Comment