- Play a game once a week-We are a game playing family and Hudson loves to play games with us. I'm thinking Friday night after dinner will be the best time for this one.
- Play outside everyday, weather permitting-I'm not one to love to spend a ton of time outside, but I know that it's so good for all of us to get some sunshine and fresh air, even if it's just for 15 minutes.
- Intentional learning activities with Hudson 2x/week-I want to spend some time with just Hudson discovering new things. They don't have to be complicated, but I want to be intentional with planning ahead so that I am giving him my undivided attention and teaching him new things. Plus, it really fills him up when we get to spend time just the two of us together.
- Camp twice-I have such great memories of camping as a family from when I was a kid. We love to do it, even if it takes a lot of work.
- Wisconsin vacation-after spending a weekend with cousins, I want to continue to make it a priority for our kids to spend quality time with their cousins. Watching them play together was the best Christmas present. We are so blessed with a great family!
- Grow a garden-This is such a great learning experience for the boys to see where food comes from. Plus I think it really connects us to the Creator. And I like to grow things. I'm thinking of adding potatoes this year.
- Family singing/worship nights once a month-This was the last goal I picked so I'm not quite sure if it will happen. We had some singing nights before Christmas and both boys loved it, especially Miles. I have to remind myself that it doesn't have to be a big production. Even 10 minutes of worshiping together is valuable.
Mike & I
- Pay off half of Cathy’s loan-There's only $2000 left, but with not a lot of extra money coming in these days, I want to be good stewards and pay off what we can. My Cozy Camera money goes to this right now.
- Weekly date nights at home-This has definitely been the most difficult year for our marriage, and what we've realized is that we have to be super intentional about spending time together for us to feel connected. For Christmas date night ideas were our presents to each other.
- Read Art of Neighboring and get to know our neighbors- We were really challenged by the author of this book at the multiply conference and want to have an impact in our neighborhood.
- Make photo albums for last 4 years-this is a heritage thing. I want the boys to have pictures to look at and I know that the longer I wait, the harder it will be.
- Leave boys overnight-Our last overnight was so refreshing for us so I want to do it again this year.
- Private-sorry, you don't get to know this one.