I've picked a word for the year: GROW. It wasn't my first thought, but I kept coming back to it so it's stuck. I want to see growth in all aspects of my life: relationship with God, Mike, the boys, growth in my business, etc. My verse for the year is Colossians 1:10, which says "so that you may live a life worthy of God and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God"
I've been following along with Lara Casey's goal setting series and it has been so helpful for me to really think through my goals. She also says that it's important to write down the "why" of each goal so I'm going to do that here. It's helped me focus my goals and make sure they align with my vision for the year.
So here are my personal goals for the year and the why behind them:
- Attend bible study fellowship-being in the Word every day is my #1 priority and BSF keeps me accountable
- Memorize 1 verse a month-I need to use scripture to combat bad habits/attitudes and one way to do this is to have it memorized
- Create prayer cards & use them-I don’t pray at all and I know I’m missing out on a huge part of what God has for me. Prayer cards will give me structure to do so.
- Grain & sugar free January 8-February 28-I feel better, lose weight, have more energy
- Develop some sort of yoga/stretching routine-I need to have some sort of exercise and it needs to become a habit
- Drink water and take a vitamin each day-I feel better and have more energy when I drink enough water, vitamin will keep me healthier
- Read 2 books a month-reading fires me up and I love to learn knew things
- Take a sewing or photography class-I don’t pull out the camera enough because it overwhelms me so I want to grow in this area, I want to learn new sewing techniques
- Attend a conference-I want to learn!!!! and meet other people too!
- Take an influence network class each month-I am investing in myself as a woman, mom, small business owner by joining the influence network because I am worth it and it is a way for me to continue to grow