9.20.2010

halfway

 http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451f65869e2010535cf47a8970b-pi
I memorized half of verse three last week.  I hung the verse up by the bathroom mirror and over the changing table.  I covered up most of the verse and once I had a part learned, I uncovered more of the verse.  This week the goal is to memorize the rest.

The Spirit of the Soverign Lord is upon me
because he has annointed me to preach good news to the poor
He sent me to bind up the broken hearted
Proclaim freedom for the captives
And release from darkness for the prisoners

To proclaim the year of the Lord's favor
And the day of vengeance of our God.
To comfort those who morn
And provide for those who morn in Zion.
To bestow on them a crown of beauty
Instead of ashes
The oil of gladness
Instead of mourning

and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the LORD               
    for the display of his splendor

-Isaiah 61:3

No comments:

Post a Comment