1.06.2013

hello bandwagon...room for me?

I know it seems like everyone is picking their one word for 2013.  I don't usually jump on the blogging bandwagons, but this is actually something I have been thinking about since November. 

I was cooking or baking something in the kitchen some afternoon in November and listening to my favorite new group, All Sons and Daughters.  I was struck by the lyrics to their song "You Have Called Me Higher"

I could just sit
I could just sit and wait for all your goodness
Hope to feel your presence
And I could just stay
I could just stay right where I am and hope to feel you
Hope to feel something again

And I could hold on
I could hold on to who I am and never let You change me from the inside
And I could be safe
I could be safe here in Your arms and never leave home
Never let these walls down

But you have called me higher
You have called me deeper
And I will go where you will lead me Lord

i really felt like this is where i'm at.  life is good and i feel connected to God at some level.  but then i felt like i heard God say to me that he wanted more and that my word for 2013 is
deeper

so that's what i'm after this year.  a deeper relationship with god.  a deeper relationship with the word.  deeper relationship with mike and with the boys and with our lifegroup.

No comments:

Post a Comment