2.23.2012

some other sewing

I've managed to get a few other projects done in the last few days now that Hudson is on the mend.  I needed a smaller diaper bag of sorts for when we drop him off at the church nursery or to throw in my purse when we're just going to be gone for a little while.  Something to hold a diaper, wipes and a few snacks but not as big as our diaper bag from when he was a baby.

I found this great tutorial via pinterest that was super easy to follow.  All I had to buy was a zipper because I had the fabric already.  I used Michael Miller's Just Dig It fabric that I had purchased in Fort Collins over a year ago and never used.  The inside was lined with some random dot fabric from JoAnns.  I made it taller than the tutorial because I wanted to be able to put a few more things in it and also have room for a cloth diaper.



Another fun little thing I made was this sweet doll for Miss Millie, who just turned 1.  We missed her party due to germs, but I hear from her mama that she loves it.  Again, made with fabric I already had.  The head and arms are from an old sheet.  The body is a vintage sheet I got from goodwill awhile ago.  The skirt is from some knit that Millie's mama actually passed on to me (did you catch that, Jennifer) and the legs are from a baby sleeper from goodwill.  I had fun adding the skirt and the little headband and flower to the basic doll pattern to make it more personalized. 
thanks jennifer for the picture.  i forgot to grab one before i wrapped it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment