4.26.2013

Friday's Five Favs [bread edition]



We love bread around here.  And one of my goals for the year is to bake all of our own bread.  I think I'm at about 95% there.  I've only grabbed bread from a store twice, I think.  Here's 5 of our favorite breads that make a regular appearance in our house.

1. American Sandwich Bread by Americas Test Kitchen:  Such a great sandwich loaf that is light and yummy.  I usually make it with half wheat flour and half white.  It also freezes well, so often we will just freeze half a loaf or make 2 loaves at once.

2. Cheddar Cheese Bread by America's Test Kitchen:  A new favorite that I discovered one afternoon when I realized I had forgotten to start making bread that morning.  So so yummy, especially the next day.  Worth following the directions to let it cool for an hour.

3. Homemade Soft Pretzels by Alton Brown:  It's a good thing these are a bit time consuming because otherwise I would make them everyday.  Perfect with a bowl of cheese soup.

4. Hearty Country Bread by America's Test Kitchen:  This is the first hearty loaf that I've made that's turned out.  I've tried french bread and ciabatta and it never works, but this one was delicious.

5. Pizza Dough by Mark Bittman:  Mike is the pizza maker in the house and this is his go-to dough.  I love how it turns out and I'm pretty picky about pizza dough.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment