I found this fabric at girlcharlee.com and thought it would be perfect.
The pattern was pretty straight forward and pretty easy to sew. I like the neckline, although I didn't like that I had to hand sew it with a slip stitch to finish it.
The big problem with it was that the top section turned out way too big. I cut out an extra large in the d-cup. If I make it again, I will still cut a d-cup but probably make a medium. It was so huge and I had to take a bunch in on the sides, but I couldn't tell that it was too big until it was already pieced together. The sides turned out a bit weird and bulky.
I also don't know if it's the most flattering fit for me as it seems to make me look extra wide. I think that's why I'm more of a skirt person and not really a dress person. Or maybe I just need to find a good belt to go with the outfit.
The fabric was great to work with, easy to cut out and easy to sew. It ruffled nicely and is so so comfy.
Here's the finished product. Yes, it's a sleeveless dress, but the interwebs do not need to see my bare arms.
linking up here: