4.25.2013

KCW so far




This is my first year sewing stuff for the kiddos for the Kids Clothing Week.  It's been a great motivator to actually get some things done.

Monday: cut and sewed up jammies for Hudson.  He has only 2 pairs of jammies for the summer, so that was one of the big things I wanted to get done.  After a trial pair (and epic failure on my part) these came together quickly.  I used the Peek-a-Boo Pattern Winter PJs pattern.  Since Hudson's bedroom is in the basement, it stays pretty cool down there and he doesn't usually sleep with blankets on so these will be great for the summer.  I'm hoping to get a few more pairs done this week.


Tuesday: nothing done because Miles threw up 5 times.  On me.  While nursing.  Lots of laundry today.

Wednesday: T-shirt day!!! I cut out another pair of pjs and then lots of t-shirts for Hudson.  I just used some old shirts that I had and a cute men's xxl I got from the Target clearance rack.  I used the Basic-T from Made for my pattern since it is the size Hudson is wearing.  I started sewing up a few of these shirts.  I then realized that I forgot to add a hem allouance on the sleeves so the sleeves may be a bit short for Hudson but oh well.

double layer t from a thrifted men's shirt

hello awkward neckline.  still getting a hang of the rib knit

this one might see some freezer paper stenciling
Thursday: finished up the t-shirts.  I just love love the white, gray and blue shirts from the men's shirt.  They're so so soft.





used the existing buttons from the men's shirt


No comments:

Post a Comment