4.12.2013

Friday's Five Favs [sewing edition]



in an effort to blog more often, i'm going to start blogging 5 of my favorite things in different categories each friday.  i'd love it if you'd join me.





fridaysfivefavs

 Sewing Edition

Here are 5 of my current favorite sewing items

1. Seam Ripper


When I would mess up before having a good seam ripper, that was the end of a project.  Now, I just rip it out and start over.  I've broken a cheap seam ripper before so it's definitely worth investing in a little bit nicer one.

2. Serger

Oh serger.  Probably my favorite purchase of all time.  Completely worth it and has totally opened up the world of sewing with knits for me.  Yes, you can do it on your regular machine, but I love love how quick it is and professional looking garments turn out.

3. Fiskars Rotary Cutting Set 
 
 These 3 things are the only reason my camera cases get made.  It makes cutting a bunch a fabric such a quick task. 

4. Scissor Sharpener

Sarah turned me on to these.  I find that my scissors get dull pretty quick when I've been cutting a bunch of flannel for cases.  Sharp scissors are a must, especially for cutting out knits.

5. Iron

Sunbeam Iron
I hate to iron.  None of our clothes that we wear on a regular basis get ironed, but ironing is a must when sewing.  Sometimes I try to skip this step and I almost always regret it.

What are your 5 favorite sewing items?

No comments:

Post a Comment