10.15.2010

cinnamon bread

This week I baked the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Bread found here. The recipe was easy to follow. I didn't get a very good rise from the dough. Probably because I was baking on a cold, rainy day. It turned out very dense, but was great for french toast. It felt kind of like I was eating a cinnamon roll, only slighty healthier because it was bread (though I'm sure it's really not that healthy).
I think I may have fixed the poor rise problem. Today I mixed up some Ciabatta bread found here. I followed the Pioneer Woman's trick of running hot water in the bowl before I turned the bread into it. I covered it with plastic wrap and a towel and then put it in front of a space heater. The bread definitely rose this time. I haven't baked it yet, so hopefully it will turn out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment