10.30.2010

sleep

So I may have gotten 8 hours of sleep before, but last night was the first night that I really remember it happening.  Hudson struggled to go to bed, which is pretty unusual, but Mike finally got him to sleep.  For once, I did not wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and my little guy decided to sleep until 8 this morning.  I'm not sure what time I actually fell asleep, but I know it was before midnight and that I didn't wake up until 8.  Surprisingly, I still felt pretty sleepy when I woke up.  I think my body is still recovering from the months of interrupted sleep (and H will probably be up tomorrow night again).
While the sleep is great, I do kind of miss Hudson during the night when he doesn't wake up.  This doesn't mean that I want him to be up all night, but I do enjoy snuggling with him in the middle of the night.  I'm going to miss it when he's done nursing during the night.
I also know that now that I've blogged about getting 8 hours of sleep, he's going to be up all the time for the next few nights.  Just his way of reminding me that he's still in charge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment