10.15.2010

a good one

The Good Daughters: A NovelI just finished up The Good Daughters by Joyce Maynard.  I read Labor Day by this same author last month so I thought I'd give this book a try.  Normally I don't enjoy books that span a great deal of time.  I'd rather authors focus in on one specific event, etc. (this is reminding me of a writing lesson I taught last year).  This book was interesting enough to keep me hooked, even though it spanned these two girls entire lives. 

I have this thing about books that take place in New England.  I love reading them.  Anything about Cape Cod or New Hampshire, etc.  I'm not sure what it is, since I haven't really traveled there.  Something about the way of life that seems appealing.

This book was great, and the ending, oh my.  Can't tell you what happened, but it's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment