10.31.2010

greatest dinner ever

I've gotten back into cooking now that I'm at home and planning meals.  A few weeks ago, the grocery store had green peppers on sale and also cream cheese.  That got me thinking about jalapeno poppers.  I decided to create something similar using the green peppers.  I didn't use a recipe at all, which is a big step for me. 

I sauteed some onions, corn, and jalapeno peppers in some butter.  Then I added some black beans from a can and corn.  Once that was all heated through, I melted a package of cream cheese.  I could have stopped right there and just ate the mix with chips, but I stuffed it into the blanched green peppers and then baked them in the oven for about 20 minutes.  I then sprinkled some cheese on top and baked them for 5 more minutes.  I figured corn bread would also taste good with the peppers so I tried out the Pioneer Woman's Skillet Cornbread

I seriously think this was the best dinner I have ever cooked.  Mike agreed.


No comments:

Post a Comment