10.10.2011

play for toddler {day 8}

We were supposed to go to a farm on Saturday and spend the day outside picking produce and wandering through a corn maze and thoroughly enjoying fall.  And then it snowed.  So we stayed inside and I randomly came up with an activity to do with Hudson to keep us from going crazy.

Mommy & Me: Board Book Dominoes
I stood his books up in a row and then we pushed them over.  He loved it.  He wasn't always patient enough to wait for me to get a bunch in a row.  I think he just loved pushing them over.  The best part of the whole thing was when, later on in the day, he brought me a book and then signed help.  I thought he wanted to read, but then he put it on the floor and tried to stand it up.  He wanted to play dominoes again!!! So we did.




Busy Box: Poker Chips and Wipes/Yogurt Container
For this activity you just need some poker chips and a container of some sort.  I have used a wipes container and I have also cut a slit in a clean yogurt container.  The object is to put them in and then take them out.  Over and over and over again.  It amazes me how something so simple can capture his attention.


No comments:

Post a Comment